Liebster Award

Woohoo! I got my first blogging award – Liebster Award :D



Many thanks to Veturi for nominating me for the Liebster Award. Its a great honour to receive this award from a fellow blogger!

Liebster Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The word 'Liebster' is of German origin and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.

How does it work?
  1. Link back to the persons blog who has nominated you and convey thanks for giving the award.
  2. Answer all questions posted by the nominator.
  3. Nominate 10 more bloggers whom you feel are deserving of more subscribers; you pass the award on to them.
  4. Create 10 questions for the nominees.
  5. Contact the nominees and let them know that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award!
Here are my responses to the questions posed by Veturi:-

1) Which character from any work of fiction you can identify yourself the most with?

I can identify most with Josephine from Little Women. I am quite similar to her, was a tomboy, have a hot temper which gets me in trouble many times inspite of my good intentions and like her I enjoy both reading and writing immensely.

2) What is your most favorite movie and why?

I actually have two most favorite movies, one Hindi and one English. DDLJ is the Hindi movie, and its my favorite cos well its just magical! Hopelessly romantic, shot in beautiful locales and what can I say but who doesn't want a Raj! The English movie which is my favorite is The Mask - eccentricly funny, unbelievable how a character as dabbu as Epkiss can have such a flamboyunt side. Not to forget, I don't think anyone matches up to Jim Carrey and can match his histrionics, infact I don't think this movie could even be made with some one else apart from him.

3) What is your reading frequency?

It used to be better but these days its 1 or 2 books a month

4) What is the greatest challenge you face in writing?

The greatest challenge that I face in writing is self criticism. I tend to get a little too skeptic about my writing and at times leave it half way. Another challenge is a writer's block. I have days when I am overflooded with ideas and I just want to write and write and there are days when I can't just think of anything. These days I am kind of stuck in a writer's block.

5) What makes you want to read a book? It’s blurb? Review from a person you like? Cover Page? Author’s previous works?

A combination of all these but first of all I look at a blurb and then if its a series or an author whose work I have liked before, then I definitely read it. Reviews from friends or bloggers also excite me. Cover page would be last, I don't judge a book by its cover :P

6) What are your reading patterns?

Mainly I read fiction. Sometimes if I find a non-fiction work interesting or if a really huge bestseller then I read it.

7)  How do you fight blogger’s block?

Honestly I haven't come up with a full proof method for this yet. I seriously don't know how to overcome it. I do try few things but doesn't always work. Mostly I look at art and craft diy images on Pinterest or art and craft blogs. 

8) Do you think setting yourself a target works in writing?

Yes, it can work. For example, I have tried my hand at blogging daily and then you kind of get in a flow and continue to blog regularly. 

9) How important do you think grammar is in writing? Especially in English?

It is very important, be it in English or any other language. 

10) What time of the day is the most conducive for you to write?

Whenever inspiration strikes!


Here are the 10 bloggers I nominate for the Liebster Award:-

4) Mindless Lampoons - http://mindlesslampoons.blogspot.in/
9) Nishita - http://nishitak.com


The questions I have for them are:-

1) Why do you like most about blogging?
2) What do you dislike most about blogging?
3) How do you get blogging ideas?
4) What did you want to be when you were a child?
5) Which is your favourite book and why?
6) Of all the places you have ever been to, which one is your favourite and why?
7) Your biggest influence or role model is?
8) What's your favourite genre of books?
9) What time of the day is the most conducive for you to write?
10) How do you overcome blogger/writer's block?

Comments

  1. Thank you Gunjan for nominating me for this Award!
    I have answered the questions posed by you, if interested in answers, please check
    http://priteshdubey.blogspot.in/2013/11/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment