It just started raining a few minutes back. It still is. The first rains of the season. There is thunder and lightening and rain.
I am not a big rain fan, I am more of a sunshine person but hey who doesn't love the first rain of the season. The first rain that ushers in the monsoons. Rain, the singular thing that almost miraculously turns everything beautiful. Greenery all around, the earth's parched throat is finally not dry anymore. Dirt gets washed away and everything appears to be sparkling clean and oh so green! The smell, ah! Does anything even compare to the smell of earth after a rainshower? The sky opens up and with rain come even thunder and lightening, is the heaven finally speaking to us?
Poets and singers sing tales of the rain's glory and, lovers, they long for each other like never before. Such is the magic of rain.
Lets do a small quiz.
1. What is your favourite rain song?
2. Best time to rain?
3. Favourite poem on rain?
4. Favourite snack during rains?
5. An activity that you absolutely enjoy when it rains?
Here are my answers:-
1. I love a rainy night by Eddie Rabbit.
3. Rain rain go away ..loll the nursery rhyme..can't really recall of any poems as of now.
4. Onion pakodas. Yummm!!! :D
5. Watching the raindrops fall by :)
Waiting for your answers, do reply soon.